Saturday, September 26, 2015

Sexy Saturday Spotlight: Where I Belong



Sexy Saturday Spotlight is a new feature I'm going to test out. It's going to be where I put a spotlight on some of the sexier books I read, usually ones that come with a warning for 18+ due to sexual situations.


This week the spotlight is shining on Where I Belong by J. Daniels.



When Mia Corelli returns to Alabama for a summer of fun with her childhood best friend, Tessa, there's only one thing keeping her on edge. One person that she’d do anything to avoid.

Benjamin Kelly. World’s biggest dickhead.

Mia hates him with a fury and has no desire to ever see him again. When she decides to start her summer off with a bang and finally give away her v-card, she unknowingly hands it over to the one guy that excelled at making her life miserable, learning a valuable lesson in the process.

Always get the name of the guy you’re going home with.

Ben can’t get the girl he spent one night with out of his head. When she leaves him the next morning, he thinks he’ll never see her again. Until he sees her lounging by the pool with his sister.

Mia is determined to hate Ben, even though she can’t forget him.

Ben is determined to prove he’s not the same guy he used to be.

What happens when the one person you wish never existed becomes the one person you can’t imagine being without?




Where I Belong is told from the POVs of Mia and Ben, the transition from one to the other is smooth and easy to follow.  The relationship between Mia and Ben is strained due to their history but full of chemistry and delicious tension...which makes it that much more satisfying when they give in to each other.  While there are plenty of steamy scenes there is enough story line to keep the book feeling like a romance novel rather than a book full of just sex.

I did fully enjoy Where I Belong, but there were actions and scenarios that irritated me.  Like how easily Mia forgives Ben.  The dude tormented her as a child, causing her to feel insecure in her skin because she was overweight and had braces.  But as soon as she returns to her hometown, having lost the weight and the braces, Ben has a miraculous turn around and is full of lust for her.  I kind of would like to see how he would have felt about Mia if she had returned without braces but still heavy...would he have felt the same? Granted he has gone through a lot of change himself so it's possible he would have still given her a chance but I kind of doubt it, especially since he's dreading her arrival prior to seeing her.

Where I Belong is the first book of a series of companion books.  I'm hoping to be able to get into the next books but sometimes I have trouble with companion books since I'm stuck on the original couple's story.  Either way I'm sure it will amount to some heated stories.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Discuss. Leave Your Opinions Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...