Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday Flicks




Friday Flicks is a new weekly post I'm going to be trying out.

Every week I will choose a new release movie, watch it, then share what I thought about it with you guys!

THIS WEEK'S FRIDAY FLICK:
  

Amanda (Michelle Monaghan) and Dawson (James Marsden) were once high-school sweethearts. They have a bittersweet reunion when they return to their hometown for the funeral of a mutual, beloved friend. Seeing each other again after 20 years apart reignites the love they've never forgotten, but Amanda and Dawson soon discover that the forces that drove them apart when they were younger pose even more threats today. Based on the novel by Nicholas Sparks.


Nicholas Sparks strikes again.  The Best Of Me has all the makings of his movies; starcrossed lovers, kissing in the rain, emotional reunion, and an ending that makes me swear off the rest of his books/movies every time.  With valentine's right around the corner this sets the mood for a perfect romantic evening but movie watchers beware the ending could leave you feeling less swoony and more heartbroken.

MY MOVIE RATING: A- (the minus is for hurting my heart)

Also this song by Lady Antebellum (a favorite band of mine) will never be the same for me, it plays during the end credits...


I would love to hear about movies that you have watched and what you thought about them, I'm always on the lookout for good ones (or warnings about bad ones)!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a huge sucker for stories about people who break up and then reconnect! And I love this feature because I never get to as many movies as I'd like.
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete

Let's Discuss. Leave Your Opinions Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...