Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Goodreads Archive Review: Dont Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout

DON'T LOOK BACK
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publication Date: 04/15/2014
Audience: Young Adult
Genre: Contemporary, Mystery, Romance
Samantha is a stranger in her own life. Until the night she disappeared with her best friend, Cassie, everyone said Sam had it all-popularity, wealth, and a dream boyfriend.

Sam has resurfaced, but she has no recollection of who she was or what happened to her that night. As she tries to piece together her life from before, she realizes it's one she no longer wants any part of. The old Sam took "mean girl" to a whole new level, and it's clear she and Cassie were more like best enemies. Sam is pretty sure that losing her memories is like winning the lottery. She's getting a second chance at being a better daughter, sister, and friend, and she's falling hard for Carson Ortiz, a boy who has always looked out for her-even if the old Sam treated him like trash.

But Cassie is still missing, and the facts about what happened to her that night isn't just buried deep inside of Sam's memory-someone else knows, someone who wants to make sure Sam stays quiet. All Sam wants is the truth, and if she can unlock her clouded memories of that fateful night, she can finally move on. But what if not remembering is the only thing keeping Sam alive?
Picture and Summary from Goodreads


REVIEW

JLA can write about anything she wants. Aliens, gargoyles, average teenagers. She rocks at all of it. And that cover? Has to be one of my favorite JLA covers!
Don't Look Back is a suspenseful read.  I loved every single minute of it. I had no idea how it was all going to turn out and when I thought I was on to something the story would twist and I would be left wondering again.
I could really tell that I would have hated old Sam, luckily we get to meet good Sam first.  I really liked her present character and was glad that she was trying to move on from the image of old Sam.  I'm really glad she had Carson as a supporting character, not only is he hot but he's just what she needed to get through everything.
While the suspense and mystery were enough to keep me entertained there was the added bonus of a sizzling romance.  It had everything I could ask for! In the end I was completely satisfied.  It's a great standalone to lose yourself in.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Discuss. Leave Your Opinions Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...