Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday Flicks




Friday Flicks is a new weekly post I'm going to be trying out.

Every week I will choose a new release movie, watch it, then share what I thought about it with you guys!

THIS WEEK'S FRIDAY FLICK:
 

Gone Girl

In Carthage, Mo., former New York-based writer Nick Dunne (Ben Affleck) and his glamorous wife Amy (Rosamund Pike) present a portrait of a blissful marriage to the public. However, when Amy goes missing on the couple's fifth wedding anniversary, Nick becomes the prime suspect in her disappearance. The resulting police pressure and media frenzy cause the Dunnes' image of a happy union to crumble, leading to tantalizing questions about who Nick and Amy truly are.

Alright, so anyone who is anyone knows this movie is based on the bestselling novel Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.

I have not read the book.
I tried to read it .... for about three chapters. 
But I decided we weren't going to get along so I broke up with it.

That being said I was still really looking forward to watching the movie. But my experience with it has left me wishing I hadn't wasted my time.  There are long movies and then there are looong movies.  Gone Girl falls in the latter category.  As the movie started out I was pretty into it, then I started hating Nick, then I thought Amy was an evil mastermind and became her cheerleader. Up to the last quarter of the movie I thought it was a brilliant psychological thriller, but then it took a turn for the worst.  At this point the movie should have just ended but what followed resulted in me being disappointed in the whole thing.  I literally spent the last of the movie begging for it to end, it seemed so dragged out to me. I breathed a sigh of relief and happily reached for the remote when the end credits started rolling.

My movie rating: C+


I would love to hear about movies that you have watched and what you thought about them, I'm always on the lookout for good ones (or warnings about bad ones)!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Discuss. Leave Your Opinions Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...