Saturday, May 24, 2014

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE
DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE #1
Author: Laini Taylor
Publication Date: 09/27/2011
Audience: YA/NA
Genre: Fantasy

 
 
Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.

In a dark and dusty shop, a devil’s supply of human teeth grown dangerously low.

And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherwordly war.

Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real, she’s prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands", she speaks many languages - not all of them human - and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she’s about to find out.

When beautiful, haunted Akiva fixes fiery eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?
 
Picture and Summary from Goodreads
 
 
REVIEW
 
 I LOVE all the covers of this series.
 
I can't get over how amazing the writing in this book was. The book's world literally came to life while I was reading it and was never far from my mind when I wasn't reading it. I have never come across anything like it before. The storyline, the characters, the monsters were so incredibly unique and beautiful but also at times grotesque...I was constantly wondering how the author came up with all these ideas. I look forward to continuing this journey with the characters, I can't wait to see where the story will lead them.

 
GoodreadsAmazon ~ Barnes & Noble

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, am I bad person if I say I really hate these covers? I know, I know, I am. I mean, I love the mask, but it just seems...too obviously photo shopped. I do love the UK covers though (like I should, though I do admit, most UK covers are pretty ugh, but I do actually prefer that one for once). I've heard a lot about the writing, and don't you just love ones that really captivate you, even when it's not beautiful (though it does sound like the writing is in this). I'll have to start it as soon as I can now the series is finished, but glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's Discuss. Leave Your Opinions Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...