Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thoughts On Thursdays #2

 



There are a TON of good books being turned into movies lately.  I am always excited for an author who has this honor bestowed upon them, I mean its a great opportunity to reach a whole other audience.


That being said, am I the only one who cringes at the thought of a book you love being put on the big screen?  Even though I try not to be, I'm always excited by the time it comes out but when I watch it disappointment always sets in.  No matter how hard they try it just isn't the same; things get cut, details are left out, emotions aren't as deep.  I'm pretty sure for one amazing book to be turned into one good movie it would need one hell of a narrator and it would have to be at least 5 hours long...at least.  Besides, why does it even need to be made into a movie??  Haven't they heard "if its not broke, don't fix it"??   I guess it goes back to that new audience part.  Someone really needs to get them a library card.


What are your thoughts?  Are you excited when you hear your favorite book is going to have a spot on the big screen? Or do you secretly dread it?






1 comment:

  1. I agree with you -- dread! I'm always really worried when a book I love gets made into a movie, because I think that the movie is rarely as good. There are exceptions -- Harry Potter, the Freaky Friday movies, and um… I'm sure there are others that I can't think of at the moment…

    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete

Let's Discuss. Leave Your Opinions Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...