Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Opal (Lux Series #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

 


When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it

(Picture and Overview from Goodreads)





Stars: 4/5
Laugh Out Loud Moments: 2
Did you cry: Yes, right before throwing the book. (except I couldn't throw it because it's an ebook and those are fragile)
How did the ending make you feel:  Angry.  Just Angry.



"Oh for the love of backwoods babies"
 

Review:
 
Oh Good Lord.  I think I just died.  Talk about a major cliff hanger.

Opal was pretty much a tense situation leading up to a major situation.  Even though it didn't come across as angsty as the other two books I still loved it and didn't have any trouble turning pages.  But allow me to say Blake is EVIL.  I swear Katy should have killed him or at least let Daemon when he betrayed them the first time.  I get the moral compass telling her its bad to kill but he is nothing but TROUBLE!  I also hate that Dee and Katy have this huge rift between them.  It's a hard situation to correct so I get that it couldn't be an instantaneous "I forgive you lets hug and have a sleepover!" but I really wish there was some work around so that they can get past this. 

Sometimes a book series can lose it's fire but Jennifer doesn't disappoint and finds new ways to latch onto you to keep you coming back for more.  All I have to say is if you buy Opal you better just go ahead and buy Origin because you are not going to want to wait.


"Holy country roads take me home"
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Discuss. Leave Your Opinions Here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...